SSS Turning Gear Clutches feature:-
- Automatic connection and disconnection of slow speed ‘barring’ drives.
- High torque capacity and high overrunning speed capability.
- Complete separation of the turning drive from the main drive at high speeds therefore preventing any wear.
- Engagement at rest or at other speeds to enable 'pick up on the fly'.
- A range of standard designs for mounting on a free shaftend, including designs catering for increased thermal expansion.
- ‘Pinion’ type clutches can be supplied for a mid-shaft position when no free shaftend is available (see seperate section).